KEEPING CONNECTED WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 - Teach Them Diligently

Monday, May 24, 2010

Butterfly Garden: Caterpillars Growing up

INCH BY INCH!
The Caterpillars have grown a lot.  The kids love to stop and look at them.  I do have to watch to make sure they don't do silly things.  One day I caught Wesley breathing into the holes on the top of the cup and he said, "I am giving them more air."  We was concerned they wouldn't have enough air in there.  I explained how air would have no problem going through those air holes and that he was not helping them but could actually hurt them with the germs in his mouth.  He didn't really get it but he stopped.  The kids are excited for the chrysalis stage.  Irina and I are about half way through all the different butterflies found in the United States.  Then we get into Butterfly Habitat Gardening.  I am excited about that chapter, but she wants to read the book from front to back and doesn't want me to jump ahead.  It is going to be fun seeing butterflies now and trying to figure out which one it is.

No comments: