KEEPING CONNECTED WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 - Teach Them Diligently

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Meal Planning - Meals Matter

I get a lot of e-mails from homeschooling sites that give me neat links to other things - which then lead me on a few bunny trails.  I find some interesting tools this way so I am going to pass them on to whoever might be reading this or stumble upon me in their own bunny trail hunts.

I got a link to a meal planning site - which wanted me to pay a fee to either download the program or for the privilege of being in their meal planning community.  I am getting tired of all the sites that want you to be part of a "community."  

I was very interested in the idea of a site like this as I have started meal planning again for a number of reasons.  Just a few reason listed here:

               1.  It saves money
               2.  Makes the day go more smooth when you know what is for dinner.
               3.  No last minute trip to a fast food joint
               4.  Can plan more healthy meals

Since I am unwilling to pay money for something that is suppose to help me save money I googled meal planning. I found a few sites but the one that rose to the top for me was:

Meals Matter

I liked this site because not only could you plan your meals, it also had functions to allow meals to repeat in a set number of days, weeks, or months.  From your meal plan it helps you make a shopping list and you can then share recipes with others using the site.  The site also seems geared toward nutritional eating with quizzes and links to learn more about eating healthy.  I just found it so I haven't had time to play around with it or  input my recipes but I think when I take the time to get it set up it will be a real time and money saver.

Let me know if you found this link helpful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited you posted this. I've already heard about this site and I was going to talk about it at our first Common Mama meeting, as our first 'theme' is on meal planning. I'm going to try to find different people to share on the 'theme' each time, so would you be interested in sharing about this site?? We can talk about it before the 1st meeting, too. :)