KEEPING CONNECTED WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 - Teach Them Diligently

Thursday, February 09, 2012

July 2011

Summer outreaches for Love Moldova 2011



Village Outreach - okay, so this one was really in June but I wanted to focus on the Cherries for June.  We did this outreach as a family.  The kids, Tony and I joined a great group and we headed up to the middle of Moldova.  We were able to stay in one house and we were only about two blocks from the school where we held our Day Camp.  The kids of Ratus were awesome and we really began to connect with the kids.  We played many games and shared Bible stories and  clearly shared the gospel it was a great week.  The last two days it started to rain and it pretty much rained off and on all through the second week in our new village of Chrasnishen. it was much harder to hold a Day Camp in a very small room with over 30 kids but, I think the children still had a good time.  The kids got very good at using the squatty potty - outhouses and going a long time between baths.







Hiking Outreach - I went alone without the kids on this two week Hiking Outreach - we started in the South of Moldova in Alexander Cuza where I met the Pastor who is also the director for AWANA throughout all of Moldova.  We spent just two or three days in each place - having short Day Camps and attending Church services.  Our group was very musical and we sang to many of the people we visited.  I was able with interpretation to share many times with people and I really think that God gave me a special anointing - which sounds strange even as I write it but it was an amazing time for me.  This was my last outreach for the summer.







River Adventure - Tony and Wesley headed off on the Nistru River to share the gospel with soccer, Day camps and house visits.  They didn't stay for both weeks heading home after the first week - but I think they are already planning on next years annual River Adventure outreach.










The last outreach session we stayed back at the mission center and helped out behind the scene. 

No comments: