KEEPING CONNECTED WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 - Teach Them Diligently

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Halloween In Nixa

An Egyptian Princess, Pooh Bear and a Jedi Knight!


Okay so I'll admit it, I wrestle with myself about Halloween, but in the end we have so much fun thinking of a silly costume that usually reflects something that our children are interested in and well my children love, love, love free candy.

That may seem somewhat lax of a family focused on missions and reaching out to an unreach population - but Halloween is one of the few "Holidays"  really more of an event then a holiday - where you are suppose to knock on your neighbors door and say hello.

I do not take a strong stance on Halloween and don't plan to start.  I have a few rules about what is okay for a costume and what isn't and did once have a conversation with my son - that no I didn't think that God loved Halloween.  But I don't actually think He hates it either.  The Bible doesn't mention it.  Though the Bible does address many issues that people do connect with Halloween and I totally respect people that feel strongly to not celebrate it in any way.

This year Halloween ended up taking place in Nixa, MO where a large portion of my husband family lives.  I have to say that it was the most fun we ever had. - In the North, Halloween usually ends up on a dark cold night so we run around to a few of our neighbors houses and are back inside in about 30 to 45 mins. I don't remember ever having such a nice bright day for Halloween like we had this year.  We had a lot of fun going door to door with some cousins.

It ranks as the most fun Halloween that I've had since I was a kid.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: