KEEPING CONNECTED WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 - Teach Them Diligently

Friday, May 20, 2011

Homeschool September

September was a great month for our homeschooling - especially for Art!
"Octopus Yarn Guys"
We did so many fun projects.  I got smart and planed out all our Art projects through December.  Went and bought all the supplies and then made little baggies for each of the art projects we would do.  Many of which are sitting in our attic waiting for our return - we shall see when we ever get to them - but I worked so hard to get it all set up I figured I would love it when we return for our furlough in about 18 months from now.

Little Piggy
The Octopus were actually not that much fun for me - my kids are still pretty young so this was very mom intensive.  They are pretty cute though and they had fun playing with them for a few days before they fell apart.  My favorite project was some magnets we made.  Pigs, Sheep and Ducks.  The little piggy was so cute and there was also attached a small clothespin so you could use it to clip things on the refrigerator.  The kids really liked this project and they were quite capable of gluing the pieces together.  Lucy needed a bit more help but she at almost 3 was able to stick the pieces on herself.  I just helped a little bit...


Irina and her Little Piggy

My other favorite project were the paper plate suns.  We did this in two stages one to paint the plates yellow then the next day to dress them up a bit.  They looked very cute hanging on our refrigerator. 

Lucy was very proud of this and she really did it all herself!
Irina and her Sun
Wesley is a bit of a minimalist. 
You may remember before I was going to share how we did with the Artistic Pursuits.  I still really like the book, but I haven't been very good at following through on using it.  But here was our next lesson on Cave Art.  They kids really liked this and it looked really nice matted on the black construction paper and they hung in our kitchen until we moved to Moldova. 

Irina's Age 5

Wesley's Age 7
Lucy's Age 2.11
Me - Age cough 38

I did read the directions a bit wrong we were only suppose to use brown and black but oh well.  

No comments: